2-13-2012 | Presented by Rockford College Radio and Sock Monkey Sound
The 2nd episode of Andy & Reggie’s Songs About Stuff & Things Radio Hour. 15 songs about ‘heartache’ have been selected. Thomas Derby returns to talk about America and heartbreak; he dedicates a song to his favorite I.T. guy, Sean Lippy. Linda, Reggie’s ex-girlfriend, stops by to tell the world why she dumped Reggie. We learn more about Reggie, Andy’s friend, and how and why he ended up in Rockford, IL in the early 1980s. We also learn about where Reggie lived with Linda before she dumped him. Song highlights include (you’ll have to come back).
It airs at noon, central time, on February 13th, 2012 on Rockford College Radio, and will repeat on RCR. Each new episode will premier on Monday at noon, central. Each podcast episode will also be available to download for free on iTunes, via SockmonkeySound.com, and of course, from here, the official site of the show.
- For The Good Times – Al Green
- End of The World – John Cougar Mellencamp
- Simple Twist of Fate – Jeff Tweedy
- Love Hurts – Roy Orbison
- It’s Beginning To Look Like The End – Vince Chiarelli Jr.
- Oh, The Divorces – Tracey Thorn
- Homewrecker – Nick Lowe
- Bad News – Kanye West
- Make It Rain – Tom Waits
- Ever Fallen In Love – The Buzzcocks
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do – Neil Sedaka
- Lucille – Kenny Rogers
- Over Time – Lucinda Williams
- Minor Suite – Cameron McGill & What Army
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right – Bob Dylan (With Reggie, Linda, And Thom)
Episode 2 Credits
Produced by: Andy Whorehall
Written by: Andy Whorehall & Reggie Railroad Reynolds
Song Selections by: Andy Whorehall & Reggie Railroad Reynolds
Guest Narratives: Thomas Derby, Linda (Reggie’s Ex)
Voicemail Winner: Thom Derby.
Episode Sponsors: Kryptonite Bar, Sock Monkey Sound, Derby | Reynolds, The Diocese of Rockford, IL
Episode Shoutouts: Homewreckers, drug addicts, cheaters, liars, alcoholics, Sean Lippy, and Linda
Premier Episode Thank Yous: To Reggie, for having a mid-show breakdown; and to the show’s trio Reggie, Thom, and Linda for singing choral-esque harmonies on the outro track as a dedication to Andy.